Owned by the local community of Ese’Eja people, this award-winning eco-lodge is a fantastic example of community-based tourism and conservation. Whilst this lodge is the closest to Puerto Maldonado of the three lodges, there are still ample opportunities to witness wildlife including squirrel monkeys, howler monkeys, parrots and macaws. Guests can hike through beautiful rainforests near the Tambopata National Reserve, watch macaws fly by at a canopy tower, visit an Amazonian medicinal plant garden, and experience authentic Ese’Eja culture.
- Fixed departure transfers from Puerto Maldonado Airport to Posada Amazonas, comprising of land and river transportation
- Guided group excursions
- All meals
- Natural Construction Accommodation
Activities & Highlights
- Half-day Ese’Eja community experience (add-on activity, pre-booking required)
- Oxbow Lake Visit
- Canopy Tower
- Ñape Ethno Botanical Centre
- Parrot Clay Lick
- Stand Up Paddleboard & Kayaking (add-on activity, pre-booking required)
- Jungle Farm Visit
- Jungle Night Walk
- Sunset Cruise (add-on activity, pre-booking required)
- Ceiba Hike through 40-metre-tall Brazil Nut trees
- Nightly Lectures
- Mountain Biking (add-on activity, pre-booking required)
- Rainforest Tattoo (add-on activity, pre-booking required)
- Eyawasije Wellness Spa
Rooms & Suites
All rooms have authentic Ese’Eja décor which has been crafted by artists from the local community of Infierno. All rooms feature private bathrooms with access to hot showers. The rooms also feature an open veranda to maximise the experience with the tropical rainforest. All rooms include mosquito nets, eco-friendly toiletries and a safe deposit box.
Superior Traditional Rooms
12 large traditional rooms with private bathrooms. Wi-Fi access in common areas.
16 comfort rooms also include hammocks, Wi-Fi and slippers.
2 spacious suites also include a King bed, hammocks, ceiling fans, minibar, private deck, wifi and slippers.